10 Tips for Preparing Your Home to Sell in 2023
10 Tips for Preparing Your Home to Sell
Selling your home is a big decision and one that comes with a lot of preparation. From decluttering and deep cleaning to making any necessary repairs or updates, there’s a lot to do to get your home ready for potential buyers.
To help make the process a little easier, we’ve put together a list of 10 seller tips that will help you prepare your home for sale that buyers pay more attention to in 2023 than in other years:
- Invest in curb appeal: First impressions matter, so take some time and money to spruce up your home’s exterior. This could mean power washing the siding, painting the front door, or planting some flowers in the yard.
- Declutter: The next step is to declutter each room in your house. Get rid of any unwanted or unnecessary items and organize what’s left so that each space looks clean and spacious.
- Deep clean: Once you’ve decluttered, it’s time for a deep clean. This means cleaning every nook and cranny, from the baseboards to the light fixtures. Don’t forget often-forgotten places like inside the fridge and oven!
- Make repairs: Take care of any repair items on your to-do list before listing your home. This could include fixing leaky faucets, patching up holes in walls, or fixing broken appliances.
- Paint: A fresh coat of paint can do wonders for a room – it can make it look brighter, cleaner, and more inviting. Choose neutral colors that will appeal to a wide range of buyers.
- Update fixtures: Another way to add value to your home is by updating outdated fixtures, such as door handles, cabinet hardware, or light fixtures.
- Stage your home: Staging involves arranging furniture and decor in a way that highlights your home’s best features and makes each space look its best. You can stage your home yourself or hire a professional staging company.
- Let there be light: Buyers love homes that are bright and airy, so open up the curtains and turn on all the lights before showings or open houses.
- Be flexible with showings: To attract buyers, you need to be flexible with showings – which means allowing potential buyers to see your home at their convenience, even if it’s last minute.
- Hire an experienced Limbird real estate agent: Last but not least, one of the most important things you can do when selling your home is hiring an experienced real estate agent who knows the ins and outs of the market and can guide you through the process from start to finish. Limbird sells homes for 10% more than a standard FSBO.
I know you might have considered these tips to be simple and a no-brainer but that is just it. If you prepare your home correctly, we have more leverage to make it stand out when we use our Multi-Marketing channels.
If you're ready to sell, let's talk!
If you're not quite ready, let's still talk! There are things we can do in the meantime to make sure you're home is in pristine condition!
Post a Comment